SKILLED WORK REGIONAL (PROVISIONAL) SUBCLASS 491 VISA
Queensland Small Business Pathway 2020
The Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Subclass 491 visa is a 5-year provisional visa which requires holders to live and work in a regional area to obtain permanent residence. To qualify, you would need be sponsored by either a relative living in a designated area or a State or Territory Government. The skilled migration program is for applicants who are not sponsored by an employer and who have skills occupations sought after in Australia.
With this visa, you and your family members can:
- stay in Australia for 5 years
- live, work and study in a designated regional area of Australia or specified regions of Australia in line with your visa conditions
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want, while the visa is valid
- After 3 years on this visa you may be eligible to meet the requirements for a permanent Subclass 191 visa (coming into effect on 16 November 2022).
Small Business Owner in Regional Queensland Pathway
Benefit of Small Business Owner in Regional Queensland Pathway
- Ability to nominate any occupation combined skilled occupation list (LIN 19/051)
- Points requirement is only 65 or higher
- No limitation to the scope of business involved
- Regional area classifications include areas like Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast;
- Financial metrics for investment is much lower than those required for business visas
- Relatively low English requirement (competent English)
Talk to us to plan your visa options under this pathway.
Who is this Pathway suitable for
- Those holding graduate skilled subclass 485 visa and have skills and interest in operating small business in regional Queensland
- Working holiday visa holders who has skills and interest in operating small business in regional Queensland
- Small business owners holding temporary vias who are interested in obtaining permanent residency visa through general skilled migration pathway (instead of employer sponsored visas)
Includes locations outside of Brisbane:
4124 to 4125, 4133, 4183 to 4184, 4207 to 4275, 4280 to 4287, 4306 to 4498, 4507, 4517 to 4519, 4550 to 4575, 4580 to 4895.
To be eligible for Queensland nomination, you must meet both the Australian Department of Home Affairs (DHA) criteria and Business and Skilled Migration Queensland (BSMQ) criteria for your chosen visa category.
The DHA criteria requires you to:
- have a points test result of 65 or higher, inclusive of state nomination points
- have a positive skills assessment in your nominated occupation
- be under 45 years of age
- meet the minimum English language requirement of COMPETENT, unless a higher level is required by your assessing authority
- submit additional documents if invited to lodge an application for a subclass 491 visa.
BSMQ criteria requires you to:
- have an occupation on DHA’s Legislative instrument (LIN 19/051)
- have prior business experience or qualifications to successfully run the business (or have previously been involved in a family-run business)
- be on a visa that allows full-time work and operation of the business for a minimum of 35 hours per week
- have purchased an existing business in regional Queensland (Note: not available for start-ups or home based businesses)
- paid a minimum of $100,000 for the business
- have 100% ownership of the business (partnerships or joint ventures not eligible)
- be trading in the business for 6 months prior to application
- employ one (1) employee who is an Australian resident working a minimum of 20 hours per week
- provide evidence of sufficient settlement funds.
We can assist in planning out your most suitable visa pathway, contact us today to start your journey.
Comments are closed.