This visa lets parents of a settled Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen live in Australia permanently.
There can be long waiting times of up to 30 years for this visa.
- have a child who is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
- be old enough to receive the Australian aged pension
- At least half of your children must live in Australia or more of your children live in Australia than any other country
This is a permanent visa. It lets you:
- stay in Australia indefinitely
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- travel to and from Australia for five years
- apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible.