Business Talent (Permanent) visa (subclass 132), (known as Business Talent Visa) is a permanency visa for applicants who wish to either establish a new business or to participate in an existing business, and to maintain substantial ownership interest, and be involved in the day to day management of the business.

You must have an approved nomination from an Australian State or territory government and be invited to apply for a visa through the SkillSelect system.

Significant Business History stream

This stream is for high-calibre business owners who wish to do business in Australia.

Applicants must have net assets of at least A$1.5M and meet the following additional requirements.

  • Your overall successful business career
  • You had a total annual turnover of at least AUD$3 million in one or more of your main businesses in at least two of the four fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply
  • For at least two of the last four fiscal years, you had:
    • ownership of at least: (a) 51 per cent of a business with turnover of less than AUD$400,000 per year; or (b) 30 per cent of a business with turnover of more than AUD$400,000 per year, or (c) 10 per cent of a publicly listed company

Venture Capital Entrepreneur stream

This stream is for a person who has sources at least A$1M approved venture capital funding to start a high-value business in Australia.

You must have received at least AUD1 million in funding from an Australian venture capital firm who is a member of the Australian Venture Capital Association Limited (AVCAL).

AVCAL has information about the venture capital category of membership in its Venture Capital entrepreneur visa factsheet. A 132 visa is permanent residency and it allows you to:

  • stay in Australia indefinitely
  • work and study in Australia
  • enrol in Medicare, Australia’s health care scheme
  • apply for Australian citizenship once you are eligible
  • sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
  • travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that time, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia)
  • qualify for a Special Benefit from Centrelink if you suffer a major change of circumstances that is beyond your control.

Enquire Now

Get in touch

Speak to our caring and knowledgeable staff who will be able to assist you in achieving your successful migration goal.
Fill in our contact form and we'll get back to you as soon as possible, otherwise email us at 
[email protected]

Queensland office: +61 (7) 3010 9736

Victoria office: +61 (3) 8400 5070

New South Wales office: +61 (2) 9137 1061