Australian Government Endorsed Events
This is a temporary Visa that allows you to
take part in:
- the International Federation for Athletes with Intellectual Impairments (INAS) 2019 Global Games
- the International Cricket Council (ICC) Women’s Twenty20 World Cup (T20WC) in 2020
- the ICC Men’s T20WC in 2020
- Supporting Innovation in South Australia
- remain in Australia if you have no other visa options and are unable to depart Australia due to COVID-19 travel restrictions.
- remain in Australia to assist in critical sectors including healthcare, disability and aged care, childcare and agriculture during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while your visa is valid
- include members of the family unit in your application
Period of Stay
This is a temporary visa. You can stay in Australia:
- for the duration of the event, or
- if you are an event organiser, up to 4 years
The visa can be granted with multiple entry. You can travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while the visa is valid.
If you apply in Australia, the visa starts the day the Department grants it. If you apply outside Australia, the visa stay period starts the day you enter Australia on the visa.
Your visa grant letter will tell you how long you can stay.
Option to stay longer might be possible.
- include members of the family unit in your application when you apply, or
- add family members to your application at any time before we make a decision
Family members who apply for the visa with you must also meet health and character requirements.
If we grant you the visa, your family members might be able to apply to join you in Australia later as a subsequent entrant
You and your family must comply with all visa conditions and Australian laws.
You and your family need to comply with all public health directions to stay safe and help fight COVID-19.
Certain conditions apply to the visa.
Your activities must not harm the work, training or job conditions of Australian citizens or permanent residents.
You can travel outside Australia and return as many times as you want while the visa is valid.
The time you spend outside Australia does not extend the visa.