The Queensland Skilled Migration Program is currently open for those within Australia.
This is welcomed news for those interested in being sponsored by the State for various skilled visas, including the Subclass 190 Skilled Nominated visa and Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491).
The Subclass 190 Skilled Nominated visa is a permanent visa, while the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) is a temporary/provisional visa that may lead to a permanent visa. This is an opportunity not to miss noting the lengthy closure of the nominations in recent years. Contact our team to discuss whether you are eligible to be sponsored by Queensland.
Which Occupations are nominated?
It appears that all occupations on the skilled occupation lists are being considered for nominating (Occupation list LIN19/051)
It should be noted though additional criteria applies in order for an application to receive an invitation from Migration Queensland. We can assist you with analysing your chances of obtaining an invitation. Contact us regarding your case for details.
When does the Queensland Skilled Migration Program close?
The skilled Migration program year for 2021-22 does not have a selected closing date. The date the nomination closes is dependent on when the allocated quota has been fulfilled for the state of Queensland.
It’s worthwhile noting that quota for nomination are limited. Migration Queensland provided below quota under the ‘Skilled Workers Living in Queensland’ category, which provide some insights.
- Quotas for specific occupations with a high level of applications (table below).
|Finance||Accountant (General), Finance Manager, Management Accountant||50 each
|Engineers||Civil Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Engineering Technologist||50 each
|ICT||Software Engineer, Developer Programmer, ICT Business Analyst, Software & Application Programmers NEC||50 each
|Quantity Surveyor||Quantity Surveyor||30 each/total|
|Nurses||Aged Care, Critical Care & Emergency, NEC nurses||50 each
|Trades||Motor Mechanic, Cook||30 each
What are the requirements to be nominated by Migration Queensland?
The Migration Queensland Programme is very competitive. Please find below the minimum requirements to be considered for a nomination by Migration Queensland under each pathway.
For a complimentary consultation to discuss your eligibility, contact our team.
Please see below for Queensland eligibility criteria on each skilled visa pathway:
- Graduates of a Queensland university
- Skilled workers living in Queensland
- Small business owners operating in regional Queensland
Please note: Applicants must meet all requirements at the time EOI is submitted.
What is a Skilled Nominated (permanent) subclass 190 visa?
This visa allows you and any secondary applicants (family members migrating with you) included in your visa application to live as permanent residents in Australia.
Australian permanent residents can:
- Live and work in Australia permanently;
- Study in Australian schools and universities;
- Receive subsidized healthcare through Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS);
- Access certain social security payments (subject to waiting periods);
- Be eligible for Australian citizenship (after 4 years and subject to the residency eligibility criteria); and Sponsor relatives who wish to migrate to Australia.
To understand the visa, you may read the General Information Sheet – Subclass 190 (Skilled Sponsored) and contact us to plan out your visa pathway.
What is a Skilled Regional (provisional) subclass 491 visa?
The Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Subclass 491 visa is a 5-year provisional visa that requires holders to live and work in a regional area to obtain permanent residence. To qualify, you would need to be sponsored by either a relative living in a designated area or a State or Territory Government. The skilled migration program is for applicants who are not sponsored by an employer and have skills occupations sought after in Australia.
With this visa, you and your family members can:
- stay in Australia for 5 years
- live, work and study in a designated regional area of Australia or specified regions of Australia in line with your visa conditions
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want, while the visa is valid
- After 3 years on this visa, you may be eligible to meet the requirements for a permanent Subclass 191 visa (coming into effect on 16 November 2022).
Comments are closed.