Skilled Migration Canberra has confirmed that 16 new occupations will be added to the Critical Occupation List. This list will be publicly available noon on 3/09/2021. This welcomed news allows additional applicants in listed occupations to be nominated by the state for Australian visas.
Which occupations will be added to the critical occupation list?
16 occupation groups are to be added to the List, including Enrolled Nurse, Veterinarian, Pharmacist, Electrical and Electronic Engineer, Motor Mechanics and Solicitor. Don’t hesitate to contact our team for a complimentary phone consultation should any of the below occupation groups apply to your skills and experience. We will assist in confirming your eligibility to proceed with the skilled migration expression of interest.
|New Occupation groups added to the ACT Critical List|
|Corporate Services Manager (1321)|
|Supply and Distribution Manager (1336)|
|Conference and Event Organisers (1493)|
|Hospitality, Retail and Service Managers (1499)|
|Auditors, company secretaries and corporate treasurers (2212)|
|Architects and Landscape Architects (2321)|
|Electrical Engineers (2333)|
|Electronics Engineers (2334)|
|University Lecturers and Tutors (2421)|
|Multimedia Specialists and Web Developers (2612)|
|Motor mechanics (3212)|
|Airconditioning and Refrigeration Mechanics (3421)|
|Enrolled Nurse (4114)|
Which visas can I apply for if I am nominated by ACT?
The ACT Government offers Territory nomination under the following skilled migration streams:
- Skilled Nominated (permanent) subclass 190 visa
- Skilled Regional (provisional) subclass 491 visa
If you are nominated by the ACT government, you should commit to living and working in the ACT for at least 2 years.
What is a Skilled Nominated (permanent) subclass 190 visa?
This visa allows you and any secondary applicants (family members migrating with you) included in your visa application to live as permanent residents in Australia.
Australian permanent residents can:
- Live and work in Australia on a permanent basis;
- Study in Australian schools and universities;
- Receive subsidized healthcare through Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS);
- Access certain social security payments (subject to waiting periods);
- Be eligible for Australian citizenship (after 4 years and subject to the residency eligibility criteria); and Sponsor relatives who wish to migrate to Australia.
To understand the visa more, General Information Sheet – Subclass 190 (Skilled Sponsored) and contact us to plan out your visa pathway.
What is a Skilled Regional (provisional) subclass 491 visa?
The Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Subclass 491 visa is a 5-year provisional visa which requires holders to live and work in a regional area to obtain permanent residence. To qualify, you would need be sponsored by either a relative living in a designated area or a State or Territory Government. The skilled migration program is for applicants who are not sponsored by an employer and who have skills occupations sought after in Australia.
With this visa, you and your family members can:
- stay in Australia for 5 years
- live, work and study in a designated regional area of Australia or specified regions of Australia in line with your visa conditions
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want, while the visa is valid
- After 3 years on this visa you may be eligible to meet the requirements for a permanent Subclass 191 visa (coming into effect on 16 November 2022).
Comments are closed.